What could be better than combining two of our favorite classic foods, pancakes and Samoas?! We’re pretty sure nothing even comes close to beating this combo. Especially since these pancakes are packed with fiber and protein, and have a healthy dose of fat. This is a great meal to start your day off on the right foot, and they are so good you won’t even know you’re giving yourself the best in nutrition! Feel free to double or even triple the recipe and make this for your loved ones.
Samoas Protein Pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 1 scoop protein powder (we used Trutein)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1 tbs oat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 packet stevia
- dash of vanilla extract
For the chocolate sauce:
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbs chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbs baking stevia (we used Truvia)
- 2-3 tbs water (enough water to make thick sauce)
For the coconut topping:
- 2 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 2-3 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbs baking stevia
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat until warm. Mix all ingredients for the pancakes until you have a nice batter (you may need to adjust the liquid content in order to get a good consistency). Spoon batter into pan and cook pancakes until golden brown, flipping halfway through. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the chocolate sauce. Layer this sauce between each pancake.
In another small bowl, combine all ingredients for the coconut topping and mix well. Pour this over the top of your pancakes. Enjoy!