Sound the alarms…. HOT OFF THE PRESS ~ each Monday we are bringing you a brand NEW recipe for Meatless Mondays. Yep, we’re imagining you can guess what that means? Meat-free recipes! Each recipe will focus on bringing you the highest nutrition from fresh fruits and vegetables.
Now, you may be wondering why we are going meatless. It’s pretty simple – because everyone can benefit from more plant-based foods in their life.
Both of us have shifted the way we eat to focus on getting at least 80% of our nutrition from plant based foods – that means we’ve cut back on our meat, dairy, and egg consumption – and we’ve never felt better! After adopting a plant based diet, you will have more energy to get through your workouts, clearer skin, less cravings and so much more.
You don’t have to cut all animal products out immediately and that’s our inspiration behind Meatless Mondays – we hope to inspire you to partake in at least one meatless meal per week. Before you know it, you’ll love the way you feel from your meatless meal and you’ll want to do it more often.
Enjoy your first meatless meal! 🙂
Easy Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow zucchini, chopped
- 1 green zucchini, chopped
- 1-2 cups chinese broccoli (or regular broccoli)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1″ piece of ginger, diced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- In a cast iron skillet or non-stick wok, cook sliced bell pepper, ginger, and garlic in soy sauce over medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add in zucchini and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Lastly, add in broccoli and cover until broccoli is soft.
- Optional: serve with brown rice or steamed potatoes