Try this dark chocolate and peanut butter treat as the perfect gift for your sweetheart this Valentine’s day. Instead of heading to the store to buy chocolate that’s packed full of sugar and unknown ingredients, take 20 minutes and make your own homemade treats that everyone will love. No bake, no added sugar, and completely delicious ~ your sweetheart will be back for seconds 😉
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Pops
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/3 cup natural vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- stevia, to taste
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (we used this brand sweetened by stevia)
- 1 tbs coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 10 cake pop sticks
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter for 30-60 seconds or until very soft and creamy.
- Stir in your vanilla, stevia and salt, and mix well.
- Slowly add in your protein powder until a very thick, dry dough forms.
- Form peanut butter dough into 1″ inch balls and then insert one of your cake pop sticks.
- Place cake pops into the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat coconut oil and dark chocolate over low heat, and stir until melted.
- Remove cake pops from the freezer and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- You can either dip the cake pops into the dark chocolate or spoon the dark chocolate on top of each cake pop.
- Once each cake pop is covered in chocolate, let cool and chocolate harden.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Fat: 8.5 g
Carbs: 7.5 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein:: 5.5 g