This is the perfect shake to kick of April and get you in the springtime mood. It’s so creamy and rich – it tastes exactly like a piece of lemon meringue pie! Plus, at only 150 calories and 27 grams of protein you can enjoy this filling treat completely guilt-free. This makes a great breakfast or snack on-the-go or a delicious nighttime treat.
Lemon Meringue Shake
- juice from 1/2 fresh small lemon
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum*
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 cup water or milk of choice
- 3-4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to adjust the amount of water and ice to get desired consistency. Enjoy!