Frozen Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
Growing up, Sara’s favorite candy during Easter was always the Reese’s peanut butter eggs. Something about the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is to die for (we’re sure many of you can agree!). So in Super Sisters fashion, of course we had to create our own healthy version with no added sugar and lots of added protein! These peanut butter eggs will satisfy any sweet tooth this holiday weekend, even the kids’. Try them out!
Protein Peanut Butter Eggs
Makes 12 eggs
For the peanut butter filling
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or peanut flour)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbs unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (we used Trutein)
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk*
* please note you may need more or less almond milk depending on the protein powder you’re using. Add a little at a time until you can mix well – you don’t want it to be runny! The peanut butter inside should be very thick like cookie dough, while the chocolate should be more like a batter.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the peanut butter filling. This batter should be very thick like cookie dough. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. While waiting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also mix all the ingredients together for the chocolate coating, and set aside.
Remove peanut butter filling from the refrigerator. Wet your hands, and shape dough into eggs. Place on your baking sheet. Then spoon the chocolate topping over each egg making sure to completely cover each egg. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. Store in freezer. Remove a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Calories: 90 / 60 (peanut flour version)
Fat: 4.4 g / 1.5 g
Carbs: 3 g / 2 g
Fiber: 1 g / 1 g
Protein: 11 g / 11 g
Just try leaving it out. Should still work 🙂
Is there any way that you can substitute the coconut oil for something else, i am allergic to coconut and the oil but i would love to try this recipe