Now when it comes to this recipe we have to give credit where credit is due… OUR DAD! He loves to cook up big batches of this soup to keep on hand for easy lunches or side dishes to dinner. We fell in love with it the first time we tried it, and since it’s so easy to make we thought we’d share the recipe with you!
This soup is PACKED with veggies, and you can honestly add whatever you like. Not to mention, it’s super filling but low calorie so it’s great for those of you who are trying to lose weight.
Fire Roasted Tomato Veggie Chicken Soup
Makes 10 large servings
- 3 large zucchini- chopped
- 1 large onion- chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic- diced
- 1 stalk of celery- diced
- 2 cups mushrooms – chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 12.5 oz cans of chicken breast packed in water (or 20 oz of shredded chicken breast)
- 2 14.5 oz of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 48 oz low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, add the first 6 ingredients and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken stock. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 2 hours.