Who’s excited for Thanksgiving?!
For the next month, Liz and I will be posting healthy alternatives to all of your favorite holiday recipes… Starting with one of the best Thanksgiving recipes – STUFFING!
This year is the first year in a long time that Liz and I will be apart for Thanksgiving…
I just spent the last 4 days driving from San Diego to North Idaho where I’ll be living for the next 6 months.
The good news for you?
I’m going to be filming tons of workout and cooking videos! 🙂
Try this healthy Stuffing recipe this Thanksgiving and let us know what you think.
Healthy Stuffing Recipe
A healthy Butternut, Brussels Sprout Stuffing recipe with apples that is gluten-free, dairy free and totally vegan 🙂
- 10 slices bread of choice (we used gluten-free bread but sourdough or whole grain would work too)
- 1 large butternut squash, cubed
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 tbs olive or avocado oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: ⅓ cup dried cranberries & walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butternut squash, brussels and apple in an 9 x 11 baking pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and celery in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent. Then set aside.
- Toast bread and cut into squares. Once the squash mixture is done in the oven, remove and add in bread squares, vegetable broth, onion, celery, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and return to oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!