YUM! Rice krispy treats were always a favorite of ours at school bake sales. And once you eat one, chances are you’ll be eating two or three more. Am I right?!
Does anyone else remember the rice krispies treats cereal?? We went crazy over that stuff.
You can make these treats gluten free using all natural ingredients instead. Skip the store-bought marshmallows and make them with the good stuff instead!
Gluten Free Rice Crispy Treats
- 9 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup nut butter (we used cashew butter, almond butter would work great too)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1/2 cup protein powder
- Spray a 9 x 12″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Then, in a large bowl, place cereal and protein powder in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place coconut oil and nut butter in a medium microwave safe dish and microwave for 1 minute until melted.
- Stir oil and nut butter until smooth and add in brown rice syrup and vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture over the top of your cereal and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Press cereal into your prepared baking dish.
- Slice into 28 small squares.
Fat: 5.5 g
Carbs: 19 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 2 g