Sometimes nothing hits the spot more than a cold, creamy shake on a hot summer day.
It’s even better when it’s packed full of protein so you know it will keep you satisfied for hours.
3 Benefits of Eating Peanut Butter
We are pretty sure 99% of people love peanut butter. How couldn’t you?!
So, here are 3 Benefits of Eating Peanut Butter (& Peanuts):
1) Peanut Butter ranks as high as strawberries and blackberries in antioxidants, and has a high concentration of a polyphenol called p-coumaric acid, which has been studied for its antioxidant & anticancer abilities.
2) P-coumaric acid also significantly inhibits the oxidation of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, and research has shown roasting peanuts can boost the level of p-coumaric acid & antioxidant level by as much as 22%!
3) Eating Peanut Butter may also stave off heart disease by increasing magnesium, folate, fiber, copper, vitamin E, and arginine consumption , all of which play a role in the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Plus, about half the fat in peanut butter comes from monounsaturated fat, which has been shown to be associated with lower levels of heart disease and cancer (Source: The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS).
Creamy Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1-2 tbs all natural peanut butter
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with chocolate chips, cacao nibs or whatever you’d like. Enjoy!