Alright, it’s confession time… I am seriously IN love with broccoli!
Now, don’t get me wrong I totally go through crazy food phases – like when I ate oatmeal every morning for 2 years straight or when I couldn’t get enough of Greek Yogurt eating it at least two times per day – wowwww how times have changed now that Liz and I have made the switch to a plant-based diet.
Okay, so maybe it’s pretty common that I get a little crazy about a certain food and right now my obsession is BROCCOLI. Broccoli is an amazing fat burning food that you can eat without restriction or having to worry about gaining weight due to the high content of fiber and extremely low calorie content.
Some fun facts for ya about broccoli:
- 1 cup of broccoli has the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange – giving you your entire daily needed intake
- broccoli is high in vitamin A, which helps fight cancer, promotes healthy eyes and skin, and helps maintain healthy bones
- broccoli contains Kaempferol, an anti-inflammatory flavonoid that helps fight cancer and heart disease
The other night I went out to dinner and just about died when I tasted their “charred broccoli” appetizer. Of course the next day I found myself in the kitchen trying to replicate their amazing broccoli creation, and I gotta hand it to myself that my recipe is even better!
Let me know what you think of this recipe – we love hearing from you! Just leave us a comment below 🙂 xoxo, Sara
Roasted Garlic & Lemon Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive or avocado oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp red chili flakes
- In a large skillet, cook chopped broccoli with oil for 3-5 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice and garlic, stir well and let cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and sprinkle chili flakes on top. Enjoy!