Liz and I lived for macaroni and cheese when we were little ~ those blue boxes of mac & cheese were a staple in our diets. Let’s not even talk about when they released Easy Mac… that was doomsday in our house.
Little did we know how horrible the prepackaged, processed macaroni and cheese is for you, and who knows what makes that fluorescent orange “cheese” color.
Now that we’re older, we’ve strayed away from noodles since they lack in nutritional value, but this recipe is great for parties as a cute finger food that everyone will love! Plus, they have portion control built right in so you can enjoy your other favorite foods alongside them.
Macaroni and Cheese Bites
- 8 oz high fiber macaroni noodles
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 nonfat greek yogurt
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium pot, boil water and cook pasta until al dente (approx. 3-4 minutes)
- Strain and return pasta back to pot and add in remaining ingredients.
- Stir until thoroughly combined, then spoon noodles into your prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Fat: 6 g
Carbs: 6 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 9 g