halloween pumpkin cookies

Healthy Halloween Series ~ Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

More PUMPKIN you say? Mmmm, that’s right.

Okay, so we might be going on pumpkin overload for this whole healthy Halloween series thing, but we want to show you how easy it is to get creative in the kitchen to make healthy holiday recipes.

Really though the holidays aren’t about restricting or depriving yourself, it’s about find a balance where you can enjoy healthier treats and then sneak in a couple of not-so-healthy treats.

I’m sure you’ve heard of the 80/20 rule before, and that’s because it totally works! 80% of the time focus on fresh (organic, if possible) fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, legumes and healthy fats. Then the other 20% of the time you can indulge in some of your favorite treats.

On that note – we haven’t announced anything yet, but we’re totally workin’ on a revamp of last years Holiday Survival Guide… more deets comin’ soon.

In the meantime, enjoy this healthy pumpkin cookie recipe…


Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Yields: 16

Ingredients

  • 1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • ¾ cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp pumpkin spice
  • ¼ cup raisins
  • ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together then add in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
  3. Fold in raisins and chocolate chips then using a cookie scoop drop rounded teaspoon sized cookies on to your prepared pan.
  4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.

[yumprint-recipe id=’49’] <3,

Sara

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *