I have a serious addiction to goat cheese – if I could eat it every day for the rest of my life I’d be one happy girl. In my opinion, a salad isn’t a salad without some goat cheese in it, and eggs are even better if you add some goat cheese on top.
I could go on about my love for goat cheese, but I think you get the point. I’m pretty sure Liz is just as in love with goat cheese as I am, so what’s better than goat cheese and spinach stuffed mushrooms?! Make a batch of these and you’re sure to be the star chef.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 portobello stuffing mushrooms
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen spinach (dethawed)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 x 12″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, wash and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Servings: 6 (2 mushrooms per serving)
Carbs: 3 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 7 g