http://supersisterfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/cauliflower-potoates.jpg 650 650 Liz http://supersisterfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SSF-logo-plain-white.png Liz2013-12-23 07:46:162016-11-16 13:34:37Skinny Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes | The Perfect Healthy Holiday Side Dish!
Looking for healthy holiday recipes?
You’ve come to the right place. Our Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes will add to your spud-tacular celebration, we promise you that! And no one will really even know they’re a healthy version of the staple side dish.
Our skinny mashed potatoes are perfect for any holiday occasion where mashed potatoes are on call. They’re made with cauliflower instead of just pure potatoes, so you’ll balance out the starchy carb overload and sneak in some veggies while you’re at it!
BAM! Double whammy. Enjoy this recipe and make sure to pin it so you can use it year after year.
We use this recipe every year at both Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of loading up on potatoes alone, which are usually filled with tons and tons of butter and/or sour cream.
Your fearless cauli-mashed potato leaders,
Liz & Sara
Skinny Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 min
- 1 Idaho potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup milk of choice (we use almond milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- Steam chopped potato, cauliflower, and 1/4 cup water in a covered pan on the stove for about 10 minutes or until cauliflower and potato are soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Then place cauliflower and potato into a food processor with the remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth. Enjoy!
Fat: 0.5 g
Carbs: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 5 g