Ever get that feeling when you first wake up on a Monday morning where you absolutely don’t want to get out of bed? That is exactly the reason you should. Create a routine for yourself so that when thoughts like that arise, you can put them to rest and immediately get on with your day.
Liz’s morning routine looks a little something like this:
- 5am – Wake up, make breakfast, chug water
- 5:30am – Train a few people, maybe grab a coffee in between
- 7:30am – Hit the gym (get your mind right early)
- 8:15am – Second breakfast/post-workout meal, usually some combo of eggs and veggies (optional bacon… who am I kidding, bacon = always)
- 8:30am – Make a to-do list for the day, send a few emails
- 9am – Head to job #2, give self a personal high-five for getting so much done before most people even get out of bed
Sara’s routine is very similar. Not everyone wakes up at 5am, but whatever time you do, routinize your mornings so you can set yourself up for success for the rest of the day. Fitting in a workout before heading to work is highly recommended — you’re much more likely to get it done if it’s the first thing you commit to, plus you’ll feel great for the rest of the day.
Post-workout, write down a to-do list of the top 3 things you need to get done by the end of this day. Once you finish all 3 items, add 3 more for tomorrow. Repeat this cycle until it becomes a necessary habit. See if you can keep it up for 2 weeks straight, then notice how much more you got done and how much more fulfilled you feel having done so.
Good luck everyone and happy Monday morning!