http://supersisterfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gingerbread.jpg 3093 3093 The Super Sisters http://supersisterfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SSF-logo-plain-white.png The Super Sisters2013-12-23 07:39:262016-09-25 13:24:3912 Days of Christmas ~ Day 7 ~Skinny Gingerbread Cookies
Today’s recipe is Skinny Gingerbread Cookies. This was our first year making homemade gingerbread cookies, and what a treat they were! We hope you love them! 🙂
Skinny Gingerbread Cookies
Prep Time: 30 min
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, margarine or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all purpose, whole wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 cup baking stevia or sweetener that measures like sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and vanilla until smooth. Add your egg and molasses, and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your other bowl and mix until dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Lightly flour your surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick, and use cookie cutter to cut out your gingerbread men!
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Fat: 3.5 g
Carbs: 16 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 1.5 g